Dear cherished client,
You are very welcome to Mission Pediatrics. Mission Pediatrics is a specialist pediatric practice that specializes in neuro developmental assessments. You may have been referred on account of differences in any of the 5 major areas of child development. These are communication, learning, social interaction, daily living skills and function, motor skills, that is movement and use of both big muscles and small muscles of the body. At mission Pediatrics we have specialists to help support your child in all these areas and help your child be the best they can be.
Please take note of the following.
- Neuro assessments appointments are booked appointments. Waiting times for appointments vary from two weeks to 6 weeks. There are earlier emergency appointments slots available if that is necessary. Please ask the reception for details about the appointment process if you have any questions.
- Cancellation of appointments must be done at least 48 hours before the appointment. The assessment sessions are for one hour. Arriving more than 30 minutes late will require that your appointment is rescheduled. It is advised you make plans to arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time to allow enough time for registration and vitals to be checked.
- If you have been referred for a neuro assessment, this will take two or more interactions with the specialist. The first assessment is called the initial assessment. At this assessment the specialist will have a detailed interview with you. Your child will need to be present for all assessments. Children will be observed in a structured play area during the first assessment.
- Not every child will be asked to do a blood test or a brain scan. If this is indicated you will be given a request to do it at a recommended facility.
- Most neuro assessments will require at least two assessments sessions, sometimes more before a diagnosis is made. However, on some occasions like in the case of seizures or Epilepsy assessments it may take only the initial assessment to conclude on a diagnosis.
- Once a diagnosis has been made, you will have a feedback session. This does not require the presence of the child. A summary report of the diagnosis will be available at the feedback session. If a detailed report is required for purposes of travel, school etc. that can be provided after a request is made at the reception. Detailed reports are provided at a fee and take up to 6 weeks to be ready.
Frequently asked Questions.
How do I get an appointment at Mission Pediatrics?
Answer: Call the office on 0247241447 or 0203295292 to make an appointment. Working hours are between 8am and 8pm. Leave a whats app message on any of the office lines if you cannot get through for any reason and we will surely get back to you.
What happens when my appointment gets cancelled?
Answer: If your appointment is cancelled because you arrived late or had an emergency, you will be rescheduled at the next available date. If your appointment is cancelled by the clinic because the specialist has an emergency, you will be rescheduled at your convenience.
Can I do a walk in at Mission Pediatrics?
Answer: Mission Pediatrics offers general pediatric acute care. So yes, you can do a walk in for acute care. However, Developmental assessments or Neuro assessments have to be booked.
Can I come for a general pediatric checkup at Mission pediatrics?
Answer: Yes. Mission Pediatrics offers general pediatric checkups and has a pediatrician available from Monday to Saturday. A pediatric checkup clinic is run on Saturdays together with an immunization clinic. Optional immunizations are available but need to be prebooked.
What ages can access services at Mission Pediatrics?
Answer: Mission Pediatrics offers services for children 0 to 18 years. Mission Clinic our mother company at the same location, is a family practice and offers adult services.
What services are available at Mission Pediatrics?
Answer: Mission Pediatrics is a multidisciplinary practice and offers an extensive range of services. Kindly check our website for the full range of our services. www.missionclinicgh.com
What do I do if I don’t like my therapist?
Answer: Kindly let the receptionist or the therapist supporting nurse know and we will support you in the best way we can.
I need an assessment but I cannot afford it what do I do?
Answer: Mission Pediatrics runs a free neuro clinic and periodically have therapists both locally and internationally offer free therapy services. Please inform our front desk crew to see if you meet criteria for our free services.
I am interested in volunteering / working at Mission Pediatrics what do I do?
Answer: That is excellent! We will be happy to receive this support. We have had many interns work at Mission Pediatrics with our various therapists. Please talk to our front desk.